Dear Classic Chic Supporter,
The Godfather is a classic tale of power, destiny, betrayal, and honour. Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather asks the question “What if Shakespeare wrote The Godfather? This brilliant premise takes on surprising dramatic power as Coppola’s movie masterpiece shows itself to be true Elizabethan tragedy. Performed by Classic Chic’s all-female cast, this mash-up of classic film and classical theatre ultimately charts the dizzying fall of a human soul.
Classic Chic has produced two critically acclaimed all-female productions since it’s inception in the spring of 2013. In order to deepen our knowledge of Shakespeare’s greatest male and female characters, and to facilitate the daunting task of playing the male roles, we brought internationally renowned actor/director, Lisa Wolpe, Artistic Director, Los Angeles Women’s Shakespeare Company, to Vancouver to give our ensemble a cross-gender workshop, and to direct our first production. William Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale was enthusiastically received by over 1,000 audience members in the summer of 2014.
Building on this success, Classic Chic took on David Mamet’s iconic, Glengarry Glen Ross to great critical acclaim. “This all-female cast doesn’t play Mamet’s characters as women, but interprets them as written. The male “spread”, the machismo-fueled bravado, the incessant locker room profanity, the sexist attitudes, are all on display. Hell, if these women had balls they’d be scratching them.” ~ Mark Robins, Vancouver Presents, June 8, 2015
Next up for Classic Chic is David Mann’s electrifying original play Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather. Originally produced in 2005, this show was a hit at both the New York and Minnesota Fringe Festivals, and Broadway World called it “witty, inventive, intelligent, and fun.” Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather is a dynamic synthesis of Classic Chic’s experience in bringing classical theatre and classic films to life in new and exciting ways.
Classic Chic is thrilled and honoured to have the support of Pacific Theatre for this production. Please visit http://pacifictheatre.org/season/2016-2017-season/mainstage/corleone-the-shakespearean-godfather for tickets and information.
I’ll make him an offer he cannot refuse.
Till then, leave off thy burden, get some rest;
Thy Godfather has taken care of thee.
I live in debt to thee, my gracious lord.
Make us an offer we can’t refuse!
We’ve designed several ways you can be part of the family. With these gifts, our powerful relations can help to build, create, support and market the show.
- Sponsor: We’ve created three levels of opportunity for you or your company to connect with our growing network. Here’s your chance to show Vancouver that you’re a made man.
- Donate: You can show your respect by giving the gift of cold, hard cash, donating an item such as Italian red wine or offers we can’t refuse such as dinner at an Italian restaurant on Commercial Drive. Your generosity will not go unnoticed.
- Advertise: Your ad in our programme will be seen by many potential customers. Each of our productions had nearly 1,000 audience members in attendance and we expect to be welcoming 1,800 guests in February 2017.
- Attend: Come see the show and comrade. Not only will it be a great night of theatre, but it could be a chance for you to connect with your next Consigliere. Do a little business, have a little fun. Come to our special networking evening, aimed at Women in Business (date to be announced) to connect with other hot-shot entrepreneurs.
- Share: Spread the word about this exciting, inventive night of theatre performed by a powerful company of women. If you don’t, sleep with one eye open. You’re connected—we know you are…
We have attached a Detail Sheet to provide you with further information on the ways you can show your support. Please email Michelle Martin, Director of Communications, if you have any further questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to sharing this great experience with you and deeply appreciate your support. At this point, all horses stay alive…
We would like to offer you the opportunity to connect with our audience. Come and be a part of this fantastic show and increase your sales!
DON: $1000+: You don’t get any higher than the Don! Full page ad in the program, company logo on our website, and a shout-out on social media, 8 tickets to the Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather for our opening night celebration and a drink for each ticket holder on us.
CONSIGLIERE: $500: Half page ad in the program, company logo on our website, 6 tickets to the Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather for our opening night celebration and a drink for each ticket holder on us.
UNDERBOSS: $250: Quarter page ad in the program, company logo on our website, 2 tickets to the Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather on a night of your choice (subject to availability) and a drink for each ticket holder on us.
Download the full sponsorship package: Sponsor package Corleone – Classic Chic Productions